Last updated on August 30th, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Today I am teaching you how to use a Golf Rangefinder in a fully professional way, have you ever noticed how the golf player finds an accurate distance to hit? Or how a golfer set the required space for each shot?
No doubt, the experience plays an essential role in the measurement. If you are an experienced person, you feel less difficulty while playing. You have seen a binocular device in the hands of players at any stage of the match. This device is Golf Rangefinder use to learn appropriate distance.
For first time use, you may think it is easy to use the Golf Rangefinder, but a useful guide is required.
The golf Rangefinder is meant to be held in the hand of a golfer. And the target is selected with the help of a rangefinder. Mostly, the Golf Rangefinder has a button in front to activate it; and a laser beam measures the distance with the sensor below the eyepiece.
Though there is a variety of Golf Rangefinder available, choose the best among all these rangefinders.
Types of Golf Rangefinder
The rangefinder has an incredibly compact design that fits your pocket easily. It is featured with a water-resistant technology that you can carry it in rainy weather.
It has a shock-resistant guard so that poor weather can’t affect its working. Golf Rangefinder’s main aim is that you feel confident while playing and can measure distance up to 100 yards.
The following are the three types of Golf Rangefinders commonly used by the golfers.
Laser beam technology is used to manufacture the laser rangefinder. To measure the distance laser beam works. The target is zoom by the rangefinder’s laser beam, and the time taken to reach the target is measured. The speed of light changes according to weather, and it affects the laser beam intensity.
A useful guide and practice are needed to use Laser Rangefinder. Sometimes it may be challenging to use it, but when you have learned about its tactics, you will find no difficulty at all. And you can find the targeted distance quickly by using Laser Rangefinder.
A pin seeking technology is used to design the GPS Rangefinder. You can lock the target by using a small hook. The little pin is a flagstick that is used to find the distance. The flagstick improves the targeted aim.
When you are close to the target, press the button to activate the rangefinder. And the GPS Rangefinder will discover the correct length of your target. It can find the distance of other obstacles between your target.
The optical rangefinder is not much popular among golfer. It is quite significant to measure the accurate distance of the target. It is designed with the help of visual principles and allows a player to find the exact length.
The golfer has to contemplate on the target through an eye. With an optical rangefinder, the pin’s height is determined, which is then converted into distance.
How To use a Golf Rangefinder?
As you know, every rangefinder has different technology and working. So, it isn’t easy to select which one is best to use. The laser, rangefinder, optical rangefinder, and GPS rangefinder have unique working methods.
For the first time use, one must have to follow a useful guide about rangefinders.
WORKING OF LASER RANGEFINDER:
The golfer has to follow the below-mentioned points for the best working of the laser rangefinder.
- Firstly, you have to turn on the rangefinder.
- Then set the modes of rangefinder as some rangefinder has multiple ways to use.
- After making proper adjustments, view your target with the help of an eyepiece. Now press the button to activate it.
The laser rangefinder emits the laser beam to detect the target. The laser beam intensity directly affects the accuracy of the distance measured. Its accuracy can be improved by focusing on the aim.
Furthermore, several reflective pieces are also attached to the top of the flagstick to enhance its working.
WORKING OF GPS RANGEFINDER:
To understand the working of more technological GPS rangefinder, you have to follow the given steps:
- Firstly, you have to load the Map on the golf course that is available on the internet. Many manufacturers have made it easy to find the Map. The Map will enable the user to see the slops and flagstick easily.
- Now connect the rangefinder with the satellite that determines your location.
- GPS rangefinder uses the global positioning system to measures the distance and provides accurate data.
- In the end, press the target button to get reading on the screen. An accurate measurement is obtained, and with the Mapping system, you can determine your coordinates.
The accuracy of the GPS rangefinder depends upon the number of satellites. Besides, the GPS signals are also pivotal. You are keeping in view that you must have to update the maps to best use the rangefinder.
WORKING OF OPTICAL RANGEFINDER
The optical rangefinder uses simple technology and is helpful for the players in the beginning. It is more obsolete to use an optical rangefinder. To start the working of the Optical rangefinder, you have to look through sight and then press the knob. After pressing the knob, you can easily see your set target.
It is designed for beginners so that they can easily find the location of the target. It works on basic principles so, it can not give accurate distance as much as a Laser or GPS rangefinder can provide.
HOW TO USE RANGEFINDER ON SLOPE?
If you are using a Golf rangefinder on the slope, you have to change the device’s settings according to slop as the slopes and hill can affect the rangefinder’s working. While playing golf, set your device according to need. The slope setting enables the device to find the distance accurately.
- First, you have to set your position parallel to the target.
- Now, set the vision for the best clarity and accuracy.
- Finally, the rangefinder can find the abruptness of the slope between the player and the target. When you change the rangefinder setting, it will be able to find the return angle.
HOLDING OF RANGEFINDER
The holding of the Golf rangefinder directly affects its working. It also has an impact on the measuring distance. So, hold the rangefinder with your hand in such a way that your chest is supporting your arm. It will stabilize you while finding the target.
When you are visualizing the distance, stay steady, and take a long breath to relax. As it is said, practice makes a man perfect, so use the rangefinder regularly.
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT MEASUREMENT?
Using the rangefinder is not much technical as it seems. The practice is necessary for better measurements. Be confident while using it, and make sure that focus is correct. Please keep it clean though you are not going to use it daily. While gaming must keep an extra battery with you.
The following are essential steps that will assist you in taking accurate and exact measurements of the target:
- First of all, you have to set the purpose; why are you using the rangefinder? Rangefinders are used to find the distance, location, flagsticks, greens, and bunkers. Then start practicing on your objective.
- The second decisive step is to know about the techniques of the rangefinder. All the rangefinder uses different methods, but you have to find the best one.
- Check that the range finding button is working correctly. By continuously pressing the range-finding, you can find the distance between two different targets. However, this new technique is not available in all the rangefinder devices.
- To know about your location is also essential. It may look like unskilful, but it will be helpful for you. For example, if your rangefinder measures a distance which is less or above your accurate length. You can quickly point it out and correct the readings.
- When you start measuring, check the magnification level, and adjust it according to your target correctly. While focusing entirely, change your eye to the eye hole. The wrong placement of the eye never gives an accurate measurement.
- For the first time, go through significant and clear targets when you became master, then go for smaller targets.
- At very first try, measure the distance from 50-100 yards. After measuring the small distances starts counting the distant flagstick.
- You can take guidance from an expert to tell you that you are using it correctly.
- Although it is easy to aim a target, practice is needed as it will help you to work appropriately.
The Golf Rangefinder is a gadget for golfers that love to play golf. The golf rangefinder has several techniques and technologies. Now it’s your choice whether you use pin seeking technology of GPS rangefinder or laser beams of the laser rangefinder.
The operating of any rangefinder is easy and straightforward. The rangefinder tool will enable you to find the proper and correct target.
The rangefinder has made golf easier with its extraordinary techniques. Before using the Golf rangefinder, you can watch video tutorials and also read this guide. Make accurate measurements with the rangefinder. Indeed, it will help you.